Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where to hang?

Since we have moved to our (not so-anymore) new house (last year) we have been trying to find a key hook. Who knew this would be such a feat? I didn't want something junky, or tacky, just a nice key hook.

So after seeing this project on Feature Friday, I had an idea for my key hook. Of course I didn't take before or during pictures, but I do have an after!
I bought 6 skeleton keys, 6 hooks and a piece of wood trim at the local hardware store. The keys and hooks were gold so I found some black matte spray paint in the garage and went to town. Hubby cut the trim and made me a frame, and I painted that too. I added some scrapbook paper to the back of the frame, glued on the keys and screwed in the hooks and Viola!

A nice key hook for under 10 bucks! Not bad if I say so myself!

9 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oh that is CUTE!! I really like it!

~ Sarah

Carrie said...

I (heart) your key holder. Where di you find the skeleton keys? I can't find them anywhere but online...

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I really like that!! Very cute!

T Rex Mom said...

Very lovely - good things come to those who wait!

Anna See said...

Wow! This is my favorite makeover of the day! I'd love to find some skeleton keys. Any suggestions?

The Red Headed Mama said...

Very cute...and I didn't even know they made skeleton keys! As kids we used to steal them from my parents b/c they hid our Christmas gifts in the attic, which required a skeleton key. Plus, you never knew when that key would come in handy! LOL

sarah said...

That is really cute! I need one of those!

Uniquely Made said...

I ran across your blog from "a soft place to land". Awesome job on your key holder ! Very clever. =)

Marie said...

Oh I like that key holder! I hadn't thought of getting skeleton keys at a hardware store and painting them black - genius! They look so cute in a row in the neat frame. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com