Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hello Blog World

Long Time No See!!!! Oh, how I have missed you! The last 2.5 weeks has just been crazy!! Here's a recap...

2.5 weeks ago I had surgery for this, this and this. Apparently the surgery took about 3 hours, my septum looked more like a 'c' and it should have looked like a 'l'. I don't remember much about the day at all. I remember being in pre-op with Hubby, and I remember him handing me my chapstick and saying, 'last chance', and I remember getting and Ice Cap from Tim's (I am in LOVE with them) on the way home, and then I basically remember waking up 5 days later! I know I talked to a couple friends, and my boss, and someone from church but that's about all I remember. I don't even remember what we talked about. The dr kept me pretty full of drugs, and I literally slept for 5 days. I guess that's good b/c I didn't really have much pain, just a headache, and some slight discomfort from the splints and packing. I still have my stitches and some packing now, I go back tomorrow to get those out, but the splints are out. The second week I was pretty nauseous from the drainage but the dr had send home anti nausea pills as well, so that helped. I was off work for 2 full weeks. After sleeping through the first week, we took full advantage of the second week off!!

Last week M2 had his follow up appointment with Dr Cotton in Cincinnati. Surgery is set for August 19. We are so excited. He is expected to be in the hospital for about a week, then home for 4 weeks for recovery, then back to the hospital for monitoring. If all goes well his trach should come out then. So we are basically looking at 2 more months with a trach, and we couldn't be happier. August 18 is our Wedding Anniversary so we are going to Cincinnati then with M2 for dinner and then just staying there over night and then checking into the hospital on the 19th.

While in Cincinnati for the appointment we took the M's on a Duck Ride, we had so much fun.

The Captain of the Duck even let the boys 'drive'. They were both pretty excited!!

The boys were clearly exhausted after the hospital stop and Ducks trip, this was the scene on the way home...My Mom and her friend took M2 and myself to The Homestead for a day of shopping. It also was great fun. I got some decorating ideas along with some more pottery.

M2 and Mamaw...
In the middle of all the madness I made a Birthday Cake for a friend's daughter. We went to the party as well, and the boys had a fabulous time.
Here is the cake with the actual invitation. My friend made the invitations, so I made the cake to match! The paw prints in the corners are pink chocolate!

We even made a stop at the Zoo last week! Here are the boys, ready to go in and visit the animals.

Hubby started his new job at The Ohio State University this week. So far he really likes it.

Now this week is Vacation Bible School. I'm the Crafts Director, and M1 is in his second year of VBS, M2 also attended last night and had the I'm sure he'll go again tonight too. Pictures of VBS to come!!


Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

Welcome back!! I'm glad to hear you're doing better!

FYI...I have a friend who is interested in talking to you about the daisy quilt you made for the auction! She loved it. I will send you an e-mail with her e-mail address. : )

Caitlin said...

I am glad that everything went well! and I am SOOO excited for you guys about M2s upcoming procedure!