Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dear Nightly News Editor...

If you could make the nightly news more 'family friendly' that would be great. By family friendly I really mean three year old friendly.

You see I like to have the news on so I can listen while making dinner; usually it’s a fight to turn the channel to the news, because the news is on at the same time as Max & Ruby. And let’s face it at 6 at night after working all day and coming home to have to make dinner and work around the house all night the whole Nightly News vs. Max & Ruby is a fight I usually either don’t feel like having or don’t win. I did however win the fight last night and flipped on the News.

Last night’s news was not family/three year old friendly. I had a lot of questions to answer and I spent more time answering those questions then what I spent watching the news.

So here are some examples to better the news:

Yesterday a plane and a helicopter c-r-a-s-h-e-d over the Hudson River, everyone was k-i-l-l-e-d…..

Today was one of the d-e-a-d-l-y-e-s-t days in Iraq. Over 100 Iraqi civilians were k-i-l-l-e-d during Iraqi v-i-o-l-e-n-c-e…..

Thanks for your attention to this matter
~Mommy of M’s

2 comments:

Carin said...

**sigh** I guess it's tough on even adults. I suppose in this day and age they would be spelling out nearly every word. Who will win tonight?

Eva Gallant said...

not good news for anyone!

just stopping by from SITS; hope you have time to do the same.