Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wedded Bliss

8 years ago today I married my sole mate. He is the male version of me (although maybe just a little more laid back)!! Hubby and I have the exact same political, social, educational, religious and child rearing views. We agree on (almost) everything. I can't think of anyone else I would rather spend my life with!!
Hubby and I dated for 1 year before he asked me to marry him. He was traditional, he asked my Dad first. My Dad gave Hubby his blessing but said we had to both finish college first and have jobs before we could get married. And we couldn't live together until after the wedding! So that started what would end up being a 2 year engagement.

I had no idea he was going to propose!! I was shocked, I actually thought he was going to break up with me, not propose.

I loved everything about our wedding. I loved my dress, the flowers, the bridesmaid dresses, the food, the reception, the cake the invitations, everything was absolutely perfect. I don't think I would have changed a single thing.

This is Hubby's car, he LOVES that car. We still have it, it sits in the garage on a car lift with no tags and no insurance. I couldn't even tell you when he drove it last!!


Me and my bridesmaids....

My perfect cake...

Our Pastor giving us a blessing and a prayer. My Dad, myself and both of the M's have been baptized by him. I was confirmed by him in 8th grade, my parents were also confirmed by him, and Hubby was confirmed as an adult by him. He is still our Pastor today. As a matter of fact, he just called the house a couple hours ago to ask about M2!

I had to dig through the wedding album and scan these pictures in!! Do you believe that this was before digital???

Can't wait to give Hubby his present and spend a dinner together!!

4 comments:

Aileigh said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! :)

Oh, and BTW, I almost didn't recognize you with the lighter hair!

Cammie said...

Happy Anniversary!

T Rex Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!! We just celebrated 8 years a few months ago too! Where does the time go?!?

It looks like it was such the lovely wedding!

Enjoy you evening!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Hi! Popping over from SITS roll call to say Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding was just beautiful and so traditional from the engagement on. I love that! Your dress is amazing. Congrats and hope y'all have a wonderful day!!