Thursday, March 19, 2009

Then and Now....

One year ago today, I was able to hold this precious little soul for about 5 minutes before he was whisked away. I CHERISH this picture. I love this little boy with all of my heart and soul. He is just perfect. He is the happiest baby I have ever had the pleasure to be around. One look at him and your day can take a turn for the better.

He was loaded up for transport to Children's Hospital pretty quickly after he was born ...it's about a 25-30 min drive from his birth hospital...The first time Hubby got to hold him was at Children's... I hate that. I think that is something I will never get over, Hubby didn't get to hold his son until he was almost 12 hours old. Stuff like that eats at my heart. M2's nurse at Children's took this picture. I was still at the birth hospital, I hate that I missed this....


Did you know I am the only one he will hug? Yep, he will let anyone hold him, but he only hugs me. Man I love that kid..

M1 getting to see his brother for the first time at Children's. M2 is 2 days old in this picture, that's my Dad's hand in the background, he kept M1 for us so for a couple of days by himself, so that my Mom could be at the hospital with Hubby and I. They are both such great, and supportive parents, we don't know what we would have done without them this past year.

Look at M1 listening so intently. I think my Dad is telling him that M2 was going to be at the hospital for a little while. Look at that little hand on M2, I think they already love each other...

Happy Birthday Little Sweetie, I hope you enjoy your day, you deserve it!

6 comments:

Cammie said...

awwwwww, Happy Birthday!!!

Caitlin said...

What a cute baby he was!! And so adorable now, one year later! Love his overalls! Happy Birthday M2

Aileigh said...

Happy Birthday M2! How sweet! And how far he has come! Precious...

T Rex Mom said...

Happy Birthday to that handsome little one. It must have been SO hard being separated from him during those early days - especially after being with him for 9 months. I cannot imagine. Are he and M1 pretty close now? From that photo it does look like it was love at first sight. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, M2! You and your family have been so strong. And he is absolutely precious!

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

As my British friends would say,
"....awwww, bless!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY M2!