Thursday, May 14, 2009

The vs. To

When to use to vs. the. Seems like a pretty simple concept right? Except we have noticed recently that M1 no longer uses the. He uses to instead. We've just noticed the word to creeping in more and more. I don't even know when he used the word the last. And I don't know how to correct him. Some examples of his the vs. to issues are:

Where's to Baby?

Are we going to to store?

What's to dog barking at?

What's to kitty doing?

Tractor won't fit into to barn.

Where's to ball?

It was cute at first, but now I afraid it's formed into a habit and I don't know how to turn it back. We keep trying to correct him and he looks at us and says 'Huh?' Clearly he doesn't understand the difference, but I know he used to use the word the, I just don't know why or when he stopped.

And the sad part? Hubby and I have gotten into a habit of calling M2, To Baby.

3 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Funny that you're picking up on his habits!

Christie said...

oh, it's cute though.

for a long time when colby was little he used to call himself colkey because he did it first and then we picked it up and started calling him that. it took a while to break him from it lol~

Caitlin said...

That is to cutest thing I have heard all day!
I wouldn't worry, I'm sure that he will grow out of it soon enough- too soon in fact!